CITY Center for Collaborative Learning is offering a residency experience in our Middle School Advisory Program. CITY’s residency programs are hands-on, hearts-open professional learning experiences that immerse participants into the practice they are studying.
Register to see:
- Why Advisory is essential to how we create a connected school community.
- What happens during Advisory sessions.
- How we organize bell schedules and staff to support our advisory program.
- What our middle school students wish you knew about advisory.
The residency will take place at Paulo Freire Freedom School-University Campus on Friday, December 7th, 2018, from 10:30am-4:00pm.
This Advisory Program Residency will:
- Begin by explaining what Advisory is, why we do it, and how we know our advisory program is working.
- Take participants into an advisory period, immersing adult learners into the experience of high-quality advisory groups from both the adult facilitator’s perspective, and the middle or high school student’s perspective.
- End with a one-on-one conversations with both facilitators and students. Learn what our teachers and our youth believe are essential to running an effective advisory program!
To get the week’s best ideas, news, and strategies from CITY Center for Collaborative Learning’s professional learning program delivered to your inbox, including workshops like this, sign up below: